In order to keep the WordPress changelog page clean I’ve moved the changelog for older versions of Companion Auto Update to this page.
I’m not the best at keeping this list up-to-date so to check the latest versions check the wordpress page.
Companion Auto UpdateVersion 3
220.127.116.11 (NOVEMBER 2, 2020)
- Fix: Type in wp_next_scheduled
3.7.1 (OCTOBER 30, 2020)
- Fix: PHP Warning: strtotime() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given
3.7 (SEPTEMBER 8, 2020)
- New: Delay updates with an x number of days
- New: Be notified of plugins that have not been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress.
- New: Choose to see more info in the emails (like the time at which the update happened)
- Fix: “Contact for support” button will work again
- Fix: Fixed a few PHP errors
- Tweak: Made improvements to the “Fix it” button for the “All automatic updates are disabled” error.
- Tweak: You can now choose to ignore the “Search Engine Visibility” and “Cronjobs” warnings
- Tweak: Reports on the Site Health page will only show a summary and point to the status page for more information and possible fixes
- Tweak: Removed cronjob check and Search Engine Visibility check from site health
- Tweak: E-mails are now fully translatable
- Tweak: Renamed Core notifications to WordPress notifications
- Tweak: WordPress plugin and theme update notifications are now disabled
3.6 (AUGUST 12, 2020)
- Tweak: Added Theme and Core update method the log
- Tweak: Few WordPress 5.5 improvements
- New: Added an “after core update” hook More info
- New: Select which userroles can access settings. (Defaults to only administrators)
3.5.5 (AUGUST 5, 2020)
- Fix: Added better multisite support
- Better status log: We’ve added a bunch more checks and you can now see more passed checks.
- Support for WordPress 5.5
18.104.22.168 (JUNE 20, 2020)
- Fix: Sometimes the hour settings for intervals wouldn’t show up
3.5.4 (JUNE 19, 2020)
- New: See translations in the update log
- New: We’ve added a few checks to WordPress’ Site Health page
- Fix: Error with Companion Auto Update Database Update
- Fix: Schedule interval duplicates
3.5.3 (JUNE 5, 2020)
- NEW: We’re working on a better update log. You should see the Update method (Manual/Automatic) in the log now. (Only works for Plugins right now)
Please report any issues with this feature over at our sticky post: Problems with the Update method in the new update log?
- Fix: Not able to see checks in boxes (reverted back to before it all went wrong)
- Fix: Error date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID +00:00 is invalid
- Tweak: The status tab will no longer show turned-off settings as an error
- Tweak: Made some improvements to the “Update pending” emails, you can now see a list of all pending updates and go directly to the update page.
Also: Check out what features we’re working on at our blogpost
3.5.2 (APRIL 1, 2020)
- Fix: Not able to see checks in boxes
3.5.1 (MARCH 25, 2020)
- Tweak: You seem to like the new dashboard, we’ve fixed a few issues regarding the responsiveness of the design. We’ve also tweaked the icons to be a bit more transparant.
- Tweak: We’ve added the release notes link to Plain text emails
- Tweak: Fixed a few typos
- Tweak: Various minor security improvements
3.5.0 (MARCH 5, 2020)
- We’ve had to (temporarily) disable the theme filter because it was causing issues on some installations. We’ll try to get it working again in a future update.
- We should’ve fixed an issue where on occasion nothing would update
- Made some improvements to the “Fix it” button for the AUTOMATIC_UPDATER_DISABLED error
- In version 3.4.6 we’ve changed to HTML emails rather than plain text, in this version you can opt to change it back to plain text emails
- Redesigned dashboard: We’ve changed the dashboard, moved both the settings page and de support page to the dashboard. Please let us know if you like this change or not.
3.4.8 (JANUARY 2, 2020)
- This update brings a few under the hood changes to ensure better updates in the future
- We’ve also fixed a (rare) Undefined variable: headers error
3.4.7 (JANUARY 1, 2020)
- Fix: Cronjob error
3.4.6 (DECEMBER 31, 2019)
- New: Filter themes, just like you do with plugins
- New: Link to the release notes of the plugin in the email
- Fixed: Sometimes the pluginfilter wouldn’t save when using a lot of plugins
- Fixed: A few errors regarding emails
- Fixed: Errors regarding the set timezone
- Tweak: Changing settings no longer requires page reload to see the changes
- Few tweaks in code for better performance
3.4.5 (NOVEMBER 26, 2019)
- Fix: Some of you reported several database errors in version 3.4.4, these are fixed now
- Tweak: Few minor design changes to fit the changes made in WordPress 5.3
- Tweak: Explained that emails will also be sent on manual plugin updates
3.4.4 (NOVEMBER 16, 2019)
- Sometimes the database wouldn’t correctly update to the newest version, we’ve added a manual button for this now.
- Sometimes plugins excluded from the updater would still update, this should be fixed now.
3.4.3 (NOVEMBER 8, 2019)
- New: Options for “Weekly”, “Twice a month” and “Monthly” for scheduling
- New: Added Database version to status page
- Tweak: cau_database_creation() query is no longer running on every page load, just on activation or updating of the plugin
3.4.2 (JUNE 28, 2019)
- Fixed: Times being all messed up
- New: Set the time of email notifications
- Fixed: Email notifications will no longer show as active on the status page when they actually aren’t active
3.4.1 (MAY 4, 2019)
- Fixed issue where sometimes settings wouldn’t safe
- Fixed issue where sometimes the status page would show incorrect times at events
3.4.0 (APRIL 4, 2019)
- (Actually) Fixed: Cronjobs disabled shouldn’t be a ‘critical error’
- New status icon at the status tab to quicker see issues
- Fixed: You’re not allowed to view error
3.3.9 (MARCH 11, 2019)
- Fix: Sometimes emails would be sent twice
- Fix: Cronjobs disabled shouldn’t be a critical error
- Fix: Sometimes update reminder emails would not send at all
- Improvement: Removed “Howdy” from emails
- Improvement: Fixed a few typos
3.3.8 (MARCH 1, 2019)
- Fix: Show correct timestamp in log
- Fix: Fixed a few typos
- New: Filter the log for Plugins, Themes or All
- New: Click on a plugins’ name to show the changelog
- Improvement: Added more checks to the status log
- Improvement: Added better documentation when issues show up
3.3.7 (FEBRUARY 2, 2019)
- Fix: In some rare cases various errors showed up when saving settings, this is fixed now
3.3.6 (JANUARY 14, 2019)
- Security improvements
3.3.5 (JANUARY 5, 2019)
- New: See WordPress & PHP version on the status page
- New: WordPress core updates now show in status log
- Improvement: Split Update log and Status tab
- Improvement: Update log now shows new version (no old version yet, sorry)
- Improvement: If major updates are disabled the update nag will no longer show
- Fix: Error Notice: Undefined index: menloc
3.3.4 (DECEMBER 24, 2018)
- Improved: Few tweaks to the new warning icon
- Improved: Changed a few strings to be clearer to understand
3.3.3 (DECEMBER 22, 2018)
- New: Set the time for Core updates
- New: Welcome screen after plugin activation to help new users find their way
- New: Warning icon in the top bar when something is wrong
- Improvement: More logs have been added to the status page
- Improvement: Redesigned support tab
- Improvement: We’ve checked all the text in the plugin and made some changes to make translating this plugin a little bit easier
- Improvement: The mobile design has been improved big time
- Fix: Some sites still recieved core update emails even when disabled, this should not happen anymore.
3.3.2 (DECEMBER 20, 2018)
- Global error? No need to contact us anymore, let the plugin fix it for you!
3.3.1 (NOVEMBER 15, 2018)
- Fix: Can’t Find constant error
- Improvement: We’ve listened, Scheduling and Plugin filter are now two seperate tabs and Plugin filter is renamed to Select plugins
- Improvement: Major core updates are now disabled by default for new installs
3.3.0 (NOVEMBER 5, 2018)
- New: Custom hooks afer succesfull update, How to use custom hooks in Companion Auto Update
3.2.5 (OCTOBER 26, 2018)
- Improvement: Few minor tweaks to the critical error messages
3.2.4 (OCTOBER 25, 2018)
- Fix: Errors with PHP 7.2
3.2.3 (OCTOBER 25, 2018)
- Improved: New error notification when plugins runs into a critical error
3.2.2 (OCTOBER 5, 2018)
- Fix: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected [ in cau_functions.php on line 247
3.2.1 ( OCTOBER 2, 2018)
- Fix: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF)/local file inclusion (LFI) vulnerability.
3.2.0 (AUGUST 11, 2018)
- Improved: Email notifications just got better and now contain version numbers.
- Improved: Explained the difference between major and minor WordPress core updates.
3.1.5 (AUGUST 9, 2018)
- I almost feel silly for pushing this as an update but the theme update notification said theme instead of themes.
3.1.4 (AUGUST 8, 2018)
- Fix: No theme update notification
3.1.3 (AUGUST 3, 2018)
- Fix: Issue with , in links in email notifications
3.1.2 (MAY 14, 2018)
- Fix error: Notice: Undefined index: cau_page
3.1.1 (MAY 12, 2018)
- Reorganized the dashboard to cleaner
3.1.0 (MAY 11, 2018)
- New: Status page. We’ve introduced a status page to be able to provide better help when an error occurs. This page will be updated with even more info in coming updates.
3.0.9 (APRIL 17, 2018)
- Fix: Successful update emails to multiple adresses. We took our time to really test this one but it works now! Promise!
- Update available emails might still be broken.
- Improvement: Email notifications no long show updates done in the last 2 days but instead changed depending on the interval of the emails.
3.0.8 (MARCH 22, 2018)
- Fix: Error “Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference”
3.0.7 (MARCH 15, 2018)
- We’ve recieved a bunch of feedback since the last few updates and we’ve listened!
- If the schedule is NOT daily – hide the hours object. show it only when daily is selected.
- Disable Notifications: Many requested a “Never” option for email notifications, this was already there, just on the dashboard. We want to keep this plugin clean so we’re not going to add 2 settings for this, instead we now show a message stating “To disable email notifications go to the dashboard and uncheck everything under Email Notifications”.
- Some people reported settings on the schedule page not saving, they were saved but the page required a reload to display the changes. We get how this can be confusing so we’ve fixed this.
3.0.6 (MARCH 14, 2018)
- Fix: Support & Feedback tab not working
3.0.5 (MARCH 14, 2018)
- Fix: Time schedule scheduling an hour before set time
- New: Support & Feedback page
3.0.4 (MARCH 12, 2018)
- Fix: Schedule Time not able to set! Read support topic here
3.0.3 (FEBRUARY 28, 2018)
- Added update time to changelog
- Minor tweaks to mobile design
3.0.2 (FEBRUARY 10, 2018)
- Security improvements
3.0 (FEBRUARY 10, 2018)
- New: Set the update time, many requested this feature so here it is
- New: Update log
- Fixed issue where multiple emailaddresses wouldn’t work.
Companion Auto UpdateVersion 2
2.9.6 (JULY 11, 2017)
- Added buttons to help development of this plugin.
2.9.5 (JUNE 22, 2017)
- Fixed issue where multiple emailaddresses wouldn’t work.
2.9.4 (MAY 31, 2017)
- Security improvements
2.9.3 (APRIL 15, 2017)
- Change how often notifications are sent (defaults to daily)
2.9.2 (MARCH 18, 2017)
- New: Set how often the auto updater should run (defaults to twice daily)
2.9.1 (FEBRUARY 25, 2017)
- Added a little bit of styling to the plugin filter to make it easier to understand.
2.9 (FEBRUARY 24, 2017)
- Advanced Controls: You can control auto-updating per plugin via the plugin filter.
- Fixed few typos
- Enable/disable updates for translation files (Enabled by default).
- Core Emails: By default wordpress sends an email when a core update happend, you can now disable this.
- Several under-the-hood perfomance improvements and a few minor bug fixes.
- New: Added site name to e-mail subject. Example: [Qreative-Web] One ore more plugins have been updated.
- Fixed: Notice: Undefined variable: charset_collate
- Fixed: Double e-mail notifications Read support topic here
- Fixed: Notifications sending when nothing was updated
- Fixed: Notifications settings not always updating
- Better updating: How ironic, this plugin did not handle it’s own updates so well (required re-activation etc.) this has been fixed.
- Fixed bug: WordPress updates could not be disabled, this should work now.
- Update Notifications: You can now get an email notification when an plugin has been updated (right now this only works with plugins, themes coming up).
- Minor perfomance improvements.
- New: If you have disabled one or multiple auto-updates, we can email you when an update is available.
- Fully migrated translations to translate.wordpress.org
- Fixed issue where setting would show up multiple times when re-activating multiple times
- Added settings link to plugin list
- You can now select what to update and what not (plugins, themes, major and minor core updates)
Companion Auto UpdateVersion 1
- Initital release